There are not too many of us who don’t dream of getting away from our daily routines and escaping to lands far away, especially when the weather drains the soul of joy. The pressures of work and personal life can get to everyone, meaning that rewarding the body and mind with a well-deserved vacation is vital.
Choosing exactly where to go can be somewhat of a conundrum. It can become even more of a point open to strong opinions if travelling as a family, as the considerations of others need to be accounted for. What’s the point of going away if not everyone is happy with the chosen destination?
A solution, where a guaranteed great time will be had by all is to head to a set of paradise islands in the Indian Ocean where fun and frolics in stunning surroundings can be had at the best of the luxury family resorts in the Maldives.
- The thrills begin when departing Malé International Airport on a speedboat for the 30-minute ride over the glistening, bright blue sea to reach the 5-star resort. The kids will be thrilled with that for a start, but there will be plenty more to capture their hearts and imagination throughout their stay. There is simply so much to see and do in an amazing location which is the stuff that dreams are made of.
- The accommodation will also blow everyone away, as the two-bedroom beach villa provides everything a family could wish for to make their stay comfortable and luxurious. Those soft white sands are just a stone’s throw away, just beyond the private garden and pool where it will be wonderful to cool off or refresh when waking. Both bedrooms are equipped with a semi-outdoor ensuite bathroom, with a spacious terrazzo tub ideal for the youngsters to splash about in. The resort lagoon is just metres away to provide further adventure and bathing opportunities, before returning to the villa’s terrace with a daybed, a dining area, and sun loungers. A Nespresso machine will keep the parents calm, as will the private wine selection and minibar. A villa host will ensure that all requirements are catered for. The relaxing surroundings might be a good place to check out the best web series on Amazon Prime.
- Any youngster will soon feel like a VIP when they receive a welcome kit containing a sun hat, beach bag, colouring book and pencil set while simple tasty dishes are prepared at all the restaurants for them to enjoy and feel comfortable. They’ll be in raptures dolphin watching or perhaps when setting sail on a sunset cruise. The beautiful sands are the perfect backdrop to enjoy playing some beach games. A cinema under the stars by the ocean with a giant screen under the bright stars could be a perfect family activity.
- The dining experiences will tantalize the taste buds with a range of international cuisine to cater for all preferences. Breathtaking views add that extra special ingredient such as those provided at the overwater grill, while enjoying pizzas by the beach along with other Italian delights and cold drinks is a favourite of many. Maldivian highlights are also provided while a Thai restaurant set over the lagoon will capture some amazing memories. Maybe a cooking class to learn the secrets of local chefs, whose Dhivehi recipes might be tried at home, or ordering room service could fit the bill to add to the sumptuous break.
- There’s nothing to stop mum or dad from enjoying a little bit of indulgent quality action, with surfing, snorkelling, and the thrill of water skiing, wake and knee boarding guaranteeing to add fun and adventure while the others cheer their hero. The spa and wellness relaxation are enjoyed by views of the pristine ocean while undergoing indigenous-inspired world-class treatments for body and soul. Mum will restore her energy levels and feel brand new. Dedicated bicycles will allow for family adventure among the coconut palms at their own pace, maybe coming across a coconut guru who will slice the fruit ready to drink.
A family vacation to the best of the resorts in the Maldives will provide relaxation and fun in staggering jaw-dropping surroundings that will make everyone happy.