Are you fond of capturing your precious moments as photos? Losing these precious images can be a distressful experience, especially if you are a professional photographer and captured excellent photographs. There are several popular camera brands which offer amazing features by which you can save or prevent your images from getting deleted, Canon Camera being the most common one.
Sometimes you may encounter issues like the sudden deletion of pictures on your Canon camera, but don’t freak out. You can easily recover deleted photos using proper tools and techniques. Here, in this article, we will explore various methods to answer how to recover deleted photos from a Canon camera.
Tips Before Recovering Deleted Photos From Canon Camera
Here are certain tips that you need to consider before proceeding with any deleted photo recovery methods to get your photos deleted from Canon Camera:
- Avoid Using Your Camera: Whenever you encounter data loss issues on any device, including the Canon camera, the first thing to do is to avoid using the camera. This mainly helps to prevent overwriting of deleted data on the storage location where it was saved before deletion.
- Don’t Recover Data on the Same SD Card: While recovering deleted photos, it is good practice to avoid saving recovered photos on the same drive or SD card from where it was deleted. This is mainly done to avoid overwriting of data along with other errors which may be generated during the recovery process.
- Select Reliable Photo Recovery Software: Apart from the manual methods, if you are looking for professional tools to recover deleted photos, check its features and specifications. This helps you ensure that your recovery software is compatible with the recovery of deleted files or not.
Recover Your Deleted Photos From Canon Camera Using Stellar Photo Recovery
Before you dive into manual methods to recover deleted photos from Canon Camera, it is good to try using a photo recovery software. There are several photo recovery tools available online which support deleted photo recovery from any device, including your Canon Camera. The Stellar Photo Recovery tool is an all-in-one photo recovery tool which offers a high success rate of deleted photo recovery from any storage device.
You can easily recover your deleted photos using the Stellar Photo Recovery software in three simple steps, which are given below:
Step 1: After installing the Stellar Photo Recovery software on your device, launch it. Connect your Canon Camera to that computer, select the location from where you need to recover deleted photos and tap the Scan button.
Step 2: Wait till the scanning process is completed. After scanning, preview the recoverable files and select the photos you need to recover.
Step 3: Click the Recover button to save the selected files at the desired storage location.
That’s it! Once the above steps to recover deleted photos are completed, go and check the folder where you have saved the recovered photos. If everything looks good, you’ve successfully recovered your lost or deleted photos from your Canon camera.
Alternatives to Restore Deleted Photos From Canon Camera
Now when you are familiar with the steps for deleted photo recovery using professional photo recovery software, it’s time to learn some manual methods to get your deleted photos back. In this part of the blog, we will provide two different yet easy methods that you can try to get your deleted photos back.
Method 01: Recover Deleted Photos Using Backup
If you have a habit of creating backups of your important files on cloud storage, you can use it to recover lost photos. Go through the following steps to recover your deleted photos in Canon Camera via Backup:
- Open the cloud storage where your deleted photos were stored.
- Locate and select the backed-up photos. Download them.
- Now, connect the storage location where you need to store that picture.
- Save the selected photos on your SD card.
Method 02: Recover Deleted Photos From Canon Camera Via CMD
You can also use Windows’ built-in CMD prompt to restore deleted pictures from Canon Camera. All you have to do is:
- Connect the SD Card of your Canon Camera to your computer using a card reader.
- Now, press the Win + R keys together to open the Run prompt, type “cmd” and hit enter.
- Type “chkdsk E: / f” (Replace E with your drive letter) and hit the Enter key. Type Y from the prompt that appears on the screen.
- Again, type “E” (the drive letter of your SD card) and press the Enter key.
- At last, type “E:\>attrib -h -r -s /s /d *.*” and tap Enter. Again, replace E with your drive letter.
Additional Tips for Smooth Recovery of Photos Deleted From Canon Camera
- Regular Backups: To avoid future data loss, make a habit of regularly backing up your important photos on external hard drives or cloud storage services.
- Protect Your Memory Card: Handle your memory card with care to avoid physical damage. Also, be cautious when formatting or deleting files to prevent accidental data loss.
- Use Write-Protect Switch: You can enable the write-protect switch on your memory card to prevent accidental deletion or overwriting of files.
- Contact a Professional: If the DIY recovery methods to recover deleted photos from a Canon camera fail, consider seeking professional data recovery services. They have advanced tools and techniques to recover data with ease.
Hope, the above steps to recover deleted photos from a Canon camera help you restore your precious memories with ease. Remember to act quickly and use a reliable deleted photo recovery tool to recover your lost picture, also avoid overwriting data on your memory card. All the aforementioned methods can significantly increase your chances of successfully recovering deleted photos and restoring your cherished moments again. The best way to recover deleted photos is by using the Stellar Photo Recovery tool. Must give this amazing software a try!