We strongly advise everyone, whether they work at a dealership or are simply looking to buy a used car for themselves, to run the VIN through a free VIN check website. While some websites claim to be free until they request a credit card number, there are a few reliable free VIN check services that you may utilize.
Due to the abundance of dubious websites and false information online, we wanted to highlight a few BMW VIN decoding websites that are truly free for you here. In addition, we’ll describe the benefits of getting one of these free reports before buying a used car, as well as what to expect from them.
A VIN check will reveal any substantial claims made about the vehicle. These details include if the vehicle has ever been stolen and whether it has ever sustained significant damage, such as water, fire, or accident damage.
- VinPit – it enables users to seek information pertaining to license plates as well as check for VINs.
- VINCheckFree – it gathers its information by consulting a sizable repository containing police records, service center logs, and insurance company files.
- VinNumberLookup – obtain a free report on the history of your vehicle by using either the free VIN check or the free license plate check.
- Carfax – the most well-known brand in the sector for a reason, but due to its fame, it may charge significantly more.
- ISeeCars – offers a mobile application that can be installed directly on a smartphone and provides the same information as their website.
This VIN check site is one of the most well-known all over the world because it enables users to seek information pertaining to license plates as well as check for VINs.
Despite serving a dual role, the decoding of VINs is the website’s primary function, and it does an excellent job of accomplishing this duty. Also, the website’s free use allows you to check BMW VINs as well as VINs for other makes and models of vehicles.
You can employ the VINPit report to dramatically lower the chance of buying a used vehicle that has hidden problems that could be hazardous to your health or expensive to fix in the future.
You may view the number of previous owners as well as any serious accidents or severe damage the car has endured. VinPit offers a variety of advantages, some of which are detailed in the following list:
- The data it provides is reliable.
- Providing the results in a timely manner
- It is not restricted to BMW vehicles alone
- It can only offer information from government databases.
VINCheckFree, one of the most comprehensive online resources for decoding VINs, is used by virtually every state and automaker in the United States.
Because it gathers its information by consulting a sizable repository containing police records, service center logs, and insurance company files, it is often regarded as being among the most effective VIN lookup services available for examining VIN history reports.
The user interface of VINCheckFree is very straightforward, which makes the process of looking up a VIN very efficient and straightforward. Visit the website VINCheckFree and locate the box labeled “Input VIN Number.” Here, you will need to enter the VIN that you possess.
- Use of it is unrestricted and open-source.
- It permits the verification of other vehicles’ VINs.
- It also permits the examination of a vehicle’s license plate.
- Detailed reports are paid
VINCheckFree Provides Free Vehicle History Reports Instantaneously
You can obtain a free report on the history of your vehicle by using either the free VIN check or the free license plate check that VINNumberLookup provides.
The free vehicle report that can be obtained from VINNumberLookup provides details such as the vehicle’s make and model, its VIN, any theft records, free accident reports, free market worth, free sales history, any warranties offered, and the release year.
- It is free to use and open-source.
- It incorporates reputable databases and data sources to obtain automobile-related information.
- It can also be used to check information on license plates.
- It does not permit sophisticated searches.
Try VINNumberLookup Today And Get a Complete Report
When examining VIN reports, it is impossible to avoid hearing about CARFAX. CARFAX is the most well-known brand in the sector for a reason, yet due to its fame, it may charge significantly more.
CARFAX does not offer any free services, so do not expect to receive any information until you pay. It’s also the reason why, before paying for a CARFAX report for your car, we advise using one of the free services mentioned above on the vehicle.
- Many details are provided in the reports
- Very dependable reporting
- You can search by license plate number
- No complimentary service
Another service that offers a ton of vehicle-related information without charging a penny is iSeeCars. Nevertheless, unlike other websites, iSeeCars requires the creation of an account.
But if you’re willing to register an account and don’t intend to use it frequently, it’s a terrific option. They offer a mobile application that can be installed directly on a smartphone and provides the same information as their website.
- There is an app for VIN barcodes
- You obtain a car-buying evaluation
- Just five complimentary reports per month
What To Do If VIN Number Is Not Matched with The Car Title?
Oftentimes, a VIN discrepancy on a vehicle’s title results from a transcription error made during the registration procedure. Your local DMV might need additional papers to remedy the problem if the VIN is off by more than one number. You may have come across fraud if the VINs on the title and the car are completely different.
A title that displays the incorrect VIN is typically a huge red flag; this is known as a “VIN mismatch.” Typically, this is a symptom of theft or other fraudulent behavior, but a tiny discrepancy could be the result of a simple error made decades ago.
It’s up to you to select what you need and which service you prefer now that you are more informed about the various free VIN check services available and what to anticipate from them and their paid counterparts.