Are you searching for a high-quality bird feeder for your backyard? At talis-us, we have a massive collection of bird feeders available in different styles, sizes, and colors to attract birds. There are different bird feeders, such as tube feeders, hopper feeders, platform feeders, suet feeders, window feeders, and many others. Even though it’s not difficult to choose the best bird feeder, there are still a few characteristics you should keep in mind before making any purchase decision. This article will also discuss the characteristics of a good bird feeder to help you make a correct purchase decision.
What are the Characteristics of a Good Bird Feeder?
Here are the following main characteristics of a bird feeder that you should look for before purchasing a bird feeder for the backyard.
The durability of a bird feeder is one of the most important buying factors you must consider. Remember that the bird feeder should be durable enough to withstand harsh weather conditions as it will be placed in the backyard. At talis-us, we have premium quality bird feeders made with sturdy materials.
Easy to Refill
A good bird feeder should also be easy to refill without any complicated process. If you have a strict work schedule, it will be difficult for you to spare enough time for refilling. You should choose those specific bird feeders that are easy to fill as there is a wide range of designs available in the market.
Easy To Clean
As we have discussed earlier, bird feeders are exposed to harsh weather and environmental conditions; regular cleaning becomes compulsory. Birds don’t like to eat in dirty feeders; that’s why regular cleaning is a must. When choosing a bird feeder, you should go for those specific bird feeders that are easy to clean.
How to Locate a Bird Feeder?
Choosing the most appropriate location for a bird feeder is often considered a daunting task. Here are a few tips to help you find a perfect spot for a bird feeder in your backyard.
- Positioning a bird feeder around a tall bush or tree is important. Remember, birds always seek extra protection as they are fearful about humans and certain objects. Placing a bird feeder near a tree or tall bush will give a sense of security to the birds as they can escape and sit on the nearby tree branches.
- Always position the feeder at least 5 to 6 feet off the ground, especially if you suspect any squirrels or cats.
- Place the feeder away from the sheltered areas as some wild animals can also attack the birds.
- If you have more than one bird feeder, place them in different spots in the yard so that birds can easily identify it.
- Don’t forget to position the feeder in a specific spot where you can watch the birds from your window. It will be also helpful for you to know the exact time of refilling.
Feeding the birds with a bird feeder is always fun because it also helps to attract new species. Besides everything, bird feeders also provide a unique opportunity to stay connected with nature. If you haven’t placed a bird feeder in your yard, don’t forget to be patient because it takes a lot of time for birds to find a new feeder.
You should also place a bowl of fresh water with a bird feeder, especially during the summers. You can check our collection of bird feeders at talis-us to purchase high-quality bird feeders. If you have any questions regarding our products, don’t hesitate to contact our customer support.